Guided treks in the Picos de Europa National Park, Northern Spain. This majestic, rich and varied landscape provides exciting mountain trekking and options for multi-day traverses.
The three Massifs of the Picos de Europa are the Oriental, Central and Occidental. They are separated by magnificent deep river gorges. Each is unique in what it has to offer as a trekking experience.
A small group size is key to our successful treks. Our group size is 4 to 6 clients (plus your friendly, experienced guide). Therefore we can be flexible in tailoring the trip, taking into account your aspiriations, abilities and fitness. All trek itineraries are subject to prevailing weather conditions and will be altered accordingly.
To support your trek preparation, we include a guided walking day in the Snowdonia mountains, North Wales, with every Picos trek booking.
Our Picos de Europa Treks
Please see the individual trek pages for further information.
- Trek 1: Lakes, Gorges and Mountains. A stunning and relaxing low level trek, that includes the Cares Gorge and Covadonga Lakes.
- Trek 2: Mountain Traverses. High level mountain traverses across a lunar landscape, steep gorges and the iconic Naranjo de Bulnes.
- Trek 3: Picos Multi-Day Trek. A full on mountain adventure, taking in the three massifs.
What experience do I need?
- Trek 1: Lakes, Gorges and Mountains You will need to have summer hill walking experience. The routes selected are grade 1 (easy). Grade 2 (moderate) may be added dependent upon abilities. You should be happy to walk 10 miles a day.
- Trek 2: Mountain Traverses Mountain walking experience and a good level of fitness are essential, as these are long mountain days. The routes selected will range from grade 2 (moderate) to grade 3 (challenging). You wil encounter some short sections of exposed walking and scrambling. We are combining ridges and peaks over rough terrain
- Trek 3: Picos Multi-Day Trek Mountain walking experience and a good level of fitness are essential. The routes selected will be mainly grade 3 (challenging) terrain, with some grade 2 (moderate). You will encounter sections of exposed walking and scrambling as we combine ridges and peaks over rough terrain. We will be staying overnight in rural mountain villages and in mountain huts (refugio’s).
What is included in the Price?
- Guiding and Instruction
- Accommodation and some meals. See individual trek information.
- A guided walking day in the Snowdonia Mountains as preparation for your trek
- Trek itinerary and kit list
What is not included in the price?
- Your own personal travel, repatriation and cancellation insurance. We will require a copy of your insurance certificate before departure.
- Dependent upon the trek, you may have to purchase some meals
We can create a trek to suit your specific requirements, whether you are with a group or a single person. If you are interested in booking a guided trek abroad Contact us.