The Advanced Navigation course in Snowdonia, will build on your existing navigation skills and ensure that you are confident and capable at navigating in more demanding terrains and/or extreme weather conditions, for example in poor visibility.
Course Title: N3. Advanced Navigation
Cost: £180-200 per day
Group size: up to 2 people
Special Offer for groups: Book as a group of 6 people, get the 2 day course and 2 nights accommodation in a private bunkhouse for £150 per person.
- Review of your current experience
- Recap – the essentials of navigation (as appropriate for the group)
- Orientation of the map
- Route Planning
- Using contours and landforms to navigate to specific locations
- Pacing and timing of distances
- Selecting appropriate techniques for a given situation
- Understand the demands and effects of different terrains and weather conditions on decision making and execution.
- Course review and feedback
You will have experience of hill and mountain walking and some experience of map reading and using a compass. You may have attended a navigation course or hold the NNAS Silver award. A reasonable level of fitness will ensure you get the most out of your course.
You must bring your own compass, head torch, maps and waterproof map case. A Silva type 4 Compass is recommended. Waterproof maps as follows: 1:50,000 Snowdon Landranger 115; 1.25,000 Explorer OL17 or the older style; 1:25,000 Snowdon and Conwy Valley Outdoor Leisure 17.
Just email joe @ mountaineeringjoe.co.uk. for further info or how we can personalise a day to suit you! Private guiding or instruction to suit your requirements.
Go to Booking menu to make a booking enquiry.
Mountaineering Joe looks forward to assisting you to improve your personal performance navigating in more demanding conditions