Private Guiding and Instruction
Private guiding and instruction, is an opportunity for you to have a personalised mountain course or activity, at dates and times to suit you. Whether you are an individual or a group, you have a desire to learn new skills or develop existing skills, this option ensures that each day is tailored to your needs, experience, fitness and aspirations.
The range of activities requested for private guiding and instruction, include:
- Guided walks around the valleys, lakes, ridges and mountains of North Wales. We have fulfilled requests further afield from our base, The Lake District, The Peak District, Scotland and Ireland.
- Scrambling. Climb your first scrambling route, learn to lead a scramble or be guided up some classic scrambling routes.
- Climbing instruction and coaching. Learn to climb, learn to lead, improve your skills or be guided up that route you always wanted to do, but didn’t quite have the courage to tackle.
- Preparation for mountain challenges (Welsh 3000s, the National 3 Peaks Challenge, climbing Kilimanjaro as examples). Bespoke training for you or your group.
- Mountain skills, for example learn to navigate, improve your skills, night navigation, building snow shelters, avalanche awareness and many more.
- Corporate, team building activities and challenges.
You may be celebrating a significant birthday and have set yourself a challenge or just want to do something different like propose to your partner on one of Snowdonia’s summits, whilst learning some new skills – yes that did happen.
If you are a group with a mountain challenge in mind, or a group of friends looking to do something different then contact us. For example, in relation to walking activities a small group size of about six clients to one instructor enables a good, quality mountain day experience.
If your group size is larger than 6, we will be happy to arrange an activity or course, with additional instructors and dependent upon the activity and group size.
Activities or courses tend to range in duration from one or two days up to 5 days.
Private Instruction and Guiding Rates
The UK and Ireland standard private instruction and guiding rate for Joe is priced per day (not per person). The ratio shown represents instructor to client
Climbing and Scrambling at Grades 2/3
One person at a ratio of 1:1 Total of £220 per day
Two people at a ratio of 1:2 Total of £220 per day
Walking, mountain skills, Grade 1 Scrambling and Single-Pitch climbing
One person at a ratio of 1:1 Total of £200 per day
Two people plus Total of £220 per day
Higher ratios per day is dependent upon the activity and group size for that activity. The group size for some activities is restricted by the activity itself, safety, the environment within which the activity takes place and equipment.
Mountain Challenges – Welsh 3000s in 24 hours.
Final details will depend on your particularly requirements but below are approximate figures
One person at a ratio of 1:1 Total of £700 (extended day) with 2 or more guides change over, so they are fresh, and valley support via a car all day.
Large Groups will depend on the number of guides required the the price will reflect that. It will of course be much less per person than an individual and you have the option of providing your own support. Just speak to Joe or email email@example.com
Our priority is your safety and to ensure you enjoy a quality mountain day experience.
Picos de Europa
If you require private guiding or instruction in the Picos de Europa, Northern Spain, contact us. We are happy to discuss climbing and trekking options with you.
Call me for a chat and look at the Listings to give you an idea of activities and courses.
We look forward to providing you with a personalised, quality mountain experience.