Walking in Snowdonia, North Wales with Mountaineering Joe, offers beautiful, tranquil and relaxing walks in remote countryside and breathtaking mountain scenery.
You will enjoy 2 days walking at a comfortable pace, with your friendly, experienced, qualified and knowledgeable guide. We allow time for chats about the mountain environment, flora, geology and of course time to take photographs.
Course Title: W3. Snowdonia Walks (week-end)
Cost: £180 for 1 person £200 for a group per day
Group Size: Up to 4 clients
Location: Snowdonia, North Wales.
Snowdonia week-end Walks
Explore the beauty of valleys, lakes, moorlands, forests and mountains, providing stunning vistas (weather permitting) over the neighbouring landscape. Our selection of walks for the week-end will be dependent upon prevailing conditions, your fitness and aspirations.
The following is an indicative list of walking areas and you are welcome to request specific walking routes in Snowdonia:
- Moelwynion hills: The grassy ridge leading to the rocky summit of Cnicht and views out to sea; Moel Siabod; Llyn yr Adar and Llyn Edno.
- Moel Hebog: Mynydd Mawr; and the secluded Cwm Pennant valley.
- The Glyderau: Elidir Fawr, Mynydd Perfedd and Carnedd y Filiast provide breathtaking views over the Marchlyn Mawr reservoir and surrounding mountains and valleys.
- The Carneddau: Foel Grach and Llyn Eigiau; Creigiau Gleision, Craig Wen and Llyn Crafnant provide spectacular views of Moel Siabod and towards the Glyders, notably Tryfan and the Ogwen. The Gwydir Forest provides beautiful and relatively low level walks with views across a number of lakes one being Llyn Geirionydd.
- Snowdon Range: Walk to the summit of Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon) via the Pyg or Miner’s Track, or take a less frequented route via Yr Aran. Alternatively, keep to the lower slopes and enjoy the stunning lakes and valleys around the Snowdon Group. Take a gradual ascent to the atmospheric and secluded Llyn Glas and marvel at Crib y Ddysgol and Crib Goch above.
No previous experience is required for summer walking conditions. However, for walking during winter conditions, previous experience of walking in summer conditions is essential. An enthusiasm for the outdoors and a reasonable level of fitness will ensure you get the most out of your week-end.
You must wear walking boots and clothing, appropriate for hill walking and for the time of year. Your guide will check that your equipment is appropriate for the activity. In winter conditions you will require crampons and a walking axe. You may use your own crampons and axe. We can supply crampons and a walking axe if required. A kit list is provided for each walking activity.
All walking activities are delivered by an experienced, knowledgeable and qualifed Summer and Winter Mountain Leader and are on a ‘guide’ basis only. NOTE: We are able to advise on local facilities.
For more demanding and challenging walks, suitable for those of you with hill walking experience, see our range of classic Snowdonia ridge walks.
Just email joe @ mountaineeringjoe.co.uk. for further info or how we can personalise a day to suit you! Private guiding or instruction to suit your requirements.
Go to Booking menu to make a booking enquiry.
Come and enjoy a weekend walking in the beautiful mountains and valleys of Snowdonia with Mountaineering Joe.