Make that transition to outdoor climbing (indoor to outdoor) on our Indoor Wall to Outdoor Rock climbing course in North Wales. Climb a variety of single and multi-pitch routes, gaining confidence in your abilities climbing outside in the beautiful mountains of Snowdonia, North Wales.
Course Title: C2 Indoor Wall to Outdoor Rock
Cost: £180-200 per day
Location: Snowdonia, North Wales
Group size: up to 2 clients with 1 instructor.
You will receive personalised coaching from a friendly, experienced and patient instructor. The course programme and routes selected are flexible to take account of prevailing weather conditions, individual aims and abilities. At the end of the course you will understand anchor selection and placement, how to build belays, rope techniques and be a competent second.
- Review of current skills, experience and aspirations.
- Interpreting guide books and climbing grades
- Choosing routes and route finding. The effect of mountain weather on route selection.
- Recap of technical climbing equipment and its use.
- Rope techniques and rope management.
- Recap of belaying techniques.
- Selecting and building anchors and belays.
- Personal abseiling and self protection.
- Personalised coaching to develop movement skills on the rock.
- Environmental issues and impacts
- Course review and feedback
Experience of climbing indoors is required. A reasonable level of fitness will ensure you get the most out of your time.
You will need clothing and footwear that is appropriate for mountain conditions. You are required to supply your own harness, helmet, belay device and rock shoes.
Just email joe @ mountaineeringjoe.co.uk. for further info or how we can personalise a day to suit you! Private guiding or instruction to suit your requirements.
Go to Booking menu to make a booking enquiry.
Make the move out onto the rock with Mountaineering Joe.