COURSE 1: Intro to Scrambling
Our 2 day Intro to Scrambling course is held in Snowdonia, North Wales. This course will improve your skills, develop your confidence and help you to move safely over steep ground.
You will ascend and descend some of the finest routes in Snowdonia. Some of the best scrambles take you to the airy heights of the Glyderau and the classic Traverse of Crib Goch on the Snowdon group.
Course Title: S1. Intro to Scrambling
Duration: 2 days – instruction only
Cost: total £420 (2 day course with 1/2 people)
Location: Snowdonia, North Wales
Group size: up to 2 clients with 1 instructor.
- Scrambling routes in ascent and descent
- Review of current skills, experience and aspirations
- Assessing risk
- Techniques for safe movement on steep ground on ascent and descent
- Route finding and route planning
- Rope techniques, including belays and use of slings
- Selecting and using natural anchors (rock spikes)
- The affect of mountain weather on route selection
- Environmental issues and impacts
- Emergency procedures
- Course review and feedback
Summer hill walking experience is essential. A reasonable level of fitness will ensure you get the most out of your 2 days.
You will need clothing and footwear that is appropriate for mountain walking conditions. A helmet and harness is included in the cost of the course.
Call me for a chat and look at our Listings for the activities and courses.
We are happy to arrange a taster day, private guiding or instruction to suit requirements.
Contact us to make a booking enquiry.
We look forward to introducing you to scrambling and enjoying some fine views, weather permitting!