A 2 day improver course in Snowdonia, will build on your existing navigation skills and ensure that you are confident and capable at navigating and planning your own routes.
Course Title: N2. Mountain Skills and Navigation
Cost: £160 per day
Group size: up to 4 people
Special Offer for groups: Book as a group of 6 people, get the 2 day course and 2 nights accommodation in a private bunkhouse for £80 per person.
- Review of your current experience
- Recap – the essentials of navigation
- Use a compass to follow accurate bearings
- Understand and apply navigation strategies in various terrains
- Use contour features on the map and on the ground
- Gathering Clues
- Plan routes and develop relocation strategies (in case you get lost)
- Understand how navigating in demanding conditions may effect you
- Appreciate environmental factors, access legislation and application of the Countryside Code.
- Course review and feedback
You will have experience of hill and mountain walking and some experience of navigating (you should be able to take a basic compass bearing). You may have attended an introductory navigation course but still lack confidence in developing and navigating your own walks. A general level of fitness will ensure you get the most out of your course.
You must bring your own compass, maps and waterproof map case. A Silva type 4 Compass is recommended. Waterproof maps as follows: 1:50,000 Snowdon Landranger 115; 1.25,000 Explorer OL17 or the older style; 1:25,000 Snowdon and Conwy Valley Outdoor Leisure 17.
Just email joe @ mountaineeringjoe.co.uk. for further info or how we can personalise a day to suit you! Private guiding or instruction to suit your requirements.
Go to Booking menu to make a booking enquiry.
We look forward to helping you improve your navigation skills and enjoy the outdoors safely and confidently.