Learn to climb in some of North Wales’ famous climbing areas. Our 2 day Rock Climbing for Beginners (indoors to outdoors) course is held in Snowdonia, North Wales. You will learn basic rock climbing techniques, whilst climbing a variety of single and multi-pitch rock climbs.
Course Title: C1. Rock Climbing for Beginners
Duration: 2 days – instruction only
Cost: £150 per person
Location: Snowdonia, North Wales
Group size: up to 2 clients with 1 instructor
You will receive personalised instruction and coaching from a friendly, experienced and patient instructor. The course programme and routes selected are flexible to take account of prevailing weather conditions, individual aims and abilities.
- Review of current skills, experience and aspirations.
- Interpreting guide books and climbing grades
- Choosing routes and route finding. The effect of mountain weather on route selection.
- Introduction to technical climbing equipment and its use.
- Introduction to rope techniques and rope management, ie. tying knots (figure of eight, clove hitch) and coiling ropes.
- Belaying techniques, using a belay plate (bottom and top rope situations), lowering a person and holding a fall.
- Selecting and building anchors.
- Personal abseiling and self protection.
- Personalised coaching to develop movement skills on the rock.
- Environmental issues and impacts
- Course review and feedback
No previous experience of rock climbing is required. A reasonable level of fitness will ensure you get the most out of your 2 days.
You will need clothing and footwear that is appropriate for mountain conditions. A helmet, harness, belay device and nut key are included in the cost of the course.
We are happy to arrange a taster day, private guiding or instruction to suit requirements.
Contact us to make a booking enquiry.
We look forward to introducing you to climbing in the spectacular mountains of Snowdonia.