Enjoy your first lead climb in the stunning scenery of Snowdonia, North Wales. Our 2 day Learning to Lead Climb course, provides an introduction to lead climbing.
Course Title: C3 Learning to Lead Climb
Duration: 2 days – instruction only
Cost: £150 per person
Location: Snowdonia, North Wales
Group size: up to 2 clients with 1 instructor.
You will receive personalised instruction and coaching from a friendly, experienced and patient instructor. The course programme and routes selected are flexible to take account of prevailing weather conditions, individual aims and abilities.
- Review of current skills, experience and aspirations.
- Re-cap on core rock climbing skills and techniques, including belaying techniques
- Selection, use and assessment of placement, of rock climbing equipment (nuts, hex’s, camming devices)
- multi-point anchors
- Personal abseiling and self protection.
- Personalised coaching to develop lead climbing and movement skills on the rock.
- Environmental issues and impacts
- Course review and feedback
Lead climbing is inherently risky. Even under direct supervision there is still a risk of falling and injury. All clients should be aware of, and accept this inherent risk and be willing to take some degree of responsibility for their own safety.
You must be a confident and proficient second. Understanding basic rope work, belaying techniques and the principles of leading is essential. A reasonable level of fitness will ensure you get the most out of your 2 days. You will learn all the skills to enjoy your first lead climb and leave wanting more.
You will need clothing and footwear that is appropriate for mountain conditions. You are required to supply your own harness, helmet, belay device, nut key and rock shoes. You will have started to put together your own climbing rack of equipment. Contact us if you have any queries.
We are happy to arrange private guiding or instruction to suit requirements.
Contact us to make a booking enquiry.
Go for it – enjoy your first lead climb with Mountaineering Joe